- 1 cup self raising wholemeal flour (if you have plain flour, add 1/2 tsp baking powder)
- 1/2 cup low fat butter (for a healthier option, use organic, virgin coconut oil instead which is super good for you!)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (if wanting to reduce sugar, you could try just 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal (can be found at any local health food store or on Amazon)
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tablespoons of water (depends if you prefer moister cookies)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (optional, for flavour)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional, for flavour)
- 1-2 tablespoons of brewers yeast (do not substitute with bakers yeast or any other yeast).
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (use himalayan salt if possible)
- 1 & 1/2 cups oats (get the thicker cut oats if you can)
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup of your fave biscuit ingredients (see suggested list below).
Lactation Cookie Recipe
on November 15, 2014 with No Comments